Sports Scoreboard


Saturday, July 7, 2012

Dirk to Kidd "Go to New York"


Jason Kidd talked to Dirk Nowitzki on Wednesday to inform him the duo that had teamed for an NBA championship would be together for three more years. Then, something happened. "I went out to play golf and I just didn't feel right," Kidd said Friday. "I talked to my wife and to Jeff [Schwartz, his agent] and they both said, if you don't feel comfortable, don't do it.'" So Kidd didn't. Sometimes, change is the most comfortable thing a person can do. Kidd said his switch on Thursday came with the blessing of Nowitzki and, largely, because the New York Knicks offered him a chance to further his legacy. If anybody can mold that group of talented but disconnected individuals into a team, it might just be Kidd. "I changed my mind, and Dirk understood," Kidd said. "When we talked, he said to go to New York."

Source: Dirk to Kidd "Go to New York"

No comments:

Post a Comment