Sports Scoreboard


Sunday, November 14, 2010

Julius Erving "I could beat all the forwards in the league"

Q: If you were in your prime playing against LeBron James, who would win in a one-on-one pick up game?
Erving: “You’re never going to put a player ahead of yourself who plays the same position. So I think as far as forwards and centers are concerned, you know I would always say that I could figure out a way to beat all the forwards and the guards. The centers would be a problem because of the height if they got in the paint you can’t neutralize them. One on one with a center if they can back you down, then they’re probably going to win the ball game if they play any type of defense at all. But I say all the forwards and the guards in the league, in my prime, I should be able to beat them all so he would be included in there.

source: Dr. J to Orlando Magic: Orlando Magic have responsibility to win at Amway Center – Sentinel Sports Now – Orlando Sentinel

No comments:

Post a Comment